As of June 18th 2021 we will be collecting and remitting VAT (Value Added Tax) on all orders shipping to the EU. This is due to the change in regulation that will take effect on all shipments entering the EU as of July 1st 2021.
The VAT rate will vary depending on:
- the type of products purchased
- the country to which they are shipping
*Please note that VAT will be applied to the total cost of your order including shipping.
Product Types and how they Impact the VAT Rate
Since books are assessed at a lower rate of VAT than non-book products, we have categorized our products as follows:
- Book-only products will be assessed the Reduced Rate of VAT specific to your country (see table below).
- Subscription Box products will be assessed a Blended Rate of VAT (Standard Rate + Reduced Rate / 2), based on the fact that they are considered to be 50% book-content.
- Non-Book products will be assessed the full Standard Rate of VAT, specific to your country.
VAT Rates by Country
The following table outlines the VAT rates that will applicable to your orders, depending on the products ordered:
|Country||Reduced Rate (book-only products)||Blended Rate (subscription products)||Standard Rate (non-book products)|
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any further questions about this topic.